Monday, September 6, 2010

and some more....

"In the beginning, we didn't hit it off, did we? But then I realized the truth about you and I fell in love. Thank you for letting me see through your eyes and walk awhile in your boots."

"All right, then, her first rule for the rest of her days: no more looking outside
for definitions. She might not have any clue who she was, but better to be lost and searching than shoved into a social box by someone else."

"Hallmark really needed to start up a line of revenge cards, the kind that let you reach out to those you were going to come after with a vengeance."

"They don't fit you?" V asked his roommate.
Not the point. No offense, but these are wicked Village People." Butch held his heavy arms out and turned in a circle, his bare chest catching the light. "I mean, come on."
They're for fighting, not fashion."
So are kilts, but you don't see me rocking the tartan."
And thank God for that. You're too bowlegged to pull that shit off."
Butch assumed a bored expression. "You can bite me."

"V settled back against the pillows and measured the hard line of her chin. 'Take off your coat.'
Excuse me?'
Take it off.'
No.'
I want it off.'
Then I suggest you hold your breath. Won't affect me in the slightest, but at least the suffocation will help pass the time for you."

"I miss you. I miss you so fucking bad it hurts, but I don't know how to find you even though you're right in front of me."

"An Active mind didn't need distraction in its physical environment. It needed a collection of outstanding books and a good lamp. Maybe some cheese and crackers."

"Your hands on a gun butt right now, isn't it? Afraid of me?'
Just want to make sure I can take care of you.'
Oh, really?'
Yeah, in case you need Glock-to-mouth-resuscitation."

I thought maybe I could go to Charleston and show up at your front door to give this back and maybe… you might let me in. Or something. I was worried that another male would court you, so I've been trying to go as fast as I could. I mean, I figured maybe if I could read, and if I took a little better care of myself, and if I tried to stop being such a mean-ass motherfucker…" He shook his head. "But don't misunderstand. It's not like I expected you to be happy to see me. I was just… you know, hoping… coffee. Tea. Chance to talk. Or some shit. Friends, maybe. Except if you had a male, he wouldn't allow that. So, yeah, that's why I've been hurrying."

"She was glad she didn’t know where it would take her. Because sometimes the only thing that got you through hell was that you were in too deep to pull out."

"The essential truth of life, he was coming to realize, wasn't romantic
and took only two words to label: Shit. Happens.
But the thing was, you kept going. You kept your friends and your
family and your mate as safe as you were able. And you kept fighting even
after you were knocked down."

"Okay. Right. Horror meets romance meets erotica meets fantasy meets hip hop. Throw in some leather and some Miami Ink shit, stir with a baseball bat and a tire iron, sprinkle on some baby powder, and serve over a hot bed of Holy-Mary-mother-of-God-this-has-to-work-or-I'm-going-to-be-a-lawyer-for-the-rest-of-my-natural-life.
No problem."

"United by their clasped hands, they became again the two halves, the light and the dark. The Destroyer and the Savior. A whole."


"Okay. Right. Horror meets romance meets erotica meets fantasy meets hip hop. Throw in some leather and some Miami Ink shit, stir with a baseball bat and a tire iron, sprinkle on some baby powder, and serve over a hot bed of Holy-Mary-mother-of-God-this-has-to-work-or-I'm-going-to-be-a-lawyer-for-the-rest-of-my-natural-life.
No problem."

"And then Tohr said softly, "I'm lucky to have found love, I thank the Scribe Virgin every day that Wellsie is in my life."
Wrath's Temper surged, set off by something he couldn't put his finger on. "You're pathetic."
Tohr hissed. "And you've been dead for hundreds of years. You're just too mean to find a grave and lie down."
Wrath threw the leather jacket on the floor. "At least I'm not pussy whipped."
Nice. F*cking. Suit."

"On the chessboard of his godforsaken existence, the pieces were lined up, the play preordained. Man, so many times in life you didn't get to pick your path because the way you went was decided for you.
Free will was such bullshit."

"This was why people got mated, Rehv suddenly thought. Fuck the sex and the social position. If they were smart, they did it to make a house that had no walls and an invisible roof and a floor that no could walk on-and yet the structure was a shelter no storm could blow down, no match could torch up, no passage of years could degrade.
That was when it hit him. A mated bond like that helped you through shit nights like this."

"He knew he was being overbearing as hell, but he couldn't help it. He was a bonded male. With his pregnant female. There were few things on the planet more aggressive or dangerous. And those bastards were called hurricanes and tornadoes."
--Zsadist--"

"Pull up your big girl panties and just do it."

"Man, he wasn't going to need a stress test anytime soon. If his heart could get through a kiss from her, he could probably run a marathon.
While dragging a car behind him.
Sideways to the road."

I think i can write the whole books here :D....

Vamp kisses

No comments:

Post a Comment